All Iowa Shop Hop: June 1 – July 31, 2020
What is the Shop Hop?
The All Iowa Shop Hop brings together sewing and quilting enthusiasts from across Iowa and neighboring states. The event normally runs the month of June each year. Due to the coronavirus the event has been extended and will run June 1 through July 31 in 2020. The All Iowa Shop Hop Magazine is your guide to all things about the event, participating stores and sponsors. The Magazine also includes valuable patterns, projects and articles along with the official passport and map. Each participating store offers the exclusive Shop Hop fabric, along with other give-aways, raffles and prizes. Participants have their passport stamped at each store they visit to qualify for additional prizes. Click here for An Insider’s Tips for Shop Hopping.
1. Get the Magazine
Visit any of our 93 participating stores to get your All Iowa Shop Hop Magazine. It features everything you need for your Great Sewing Adventure Across Iowa. Many of our stores will be selling the magazine online if they are not open for foot traffic.
- Magazines are now available at participating All Iowa Shop Hop stores.
- Besides an Official Passport and Map of Stores, the magazine contains patterns, articles and other resources for sewing and quilting.
- It will be your ONLY source for special shop-hop store hours and Regional and State maps that make it easy to plan your route.
- Each person in your party will need a passport in order to register for prizes.
- You’ll want to reference your magazine all year. Use it to find a quilt shop whenever you are meandering the country roads of Iowa. Be inspired by the patterns, projects and articles.
2. Go Shopping
- Check out the 2020 exclusive All Iowa Shop Hop Fabric! Each year we have a custom-designed fabric that is sold only at Shop Hop stores during the event. When its gone, its gone!
- This year’s fabric is a toile featuring Iowa-themed farm scenes, and a fun quilt block print featuring all 99 Iowa counties.
- Enjoy the unique personality of each Shop Hop store. Discover the secrets and special items individual stores have that keep you inspired and excited about sewing.
3. Collect Free Quilt Blocks
- Each stores has created a unique 4” quilt block capturing the fun and creativeness of sewing and quilting. The quilt blocks are only available to those embarking on the Great Sewing Adventure Across Iowa!
- Collect the fabric blocks and combine them with the exclusive All Iowa Shop Hop Fabric to make a one-of-a-kind project.
- Regional Quilt Blocks – Collect the stamps from all stores in a Region and we’ll send you a free 6” on-point quilt block to commemorate your accomplishment. (You must turn in your passport to receive Regional quilt blocks. You’ll receive one block for each region completed.)
- State Quilt Block – Purchase a commemorative 8” finished state block (cream or black background). A free state block will be awarded to participants who collect stamps from all 93 stores!
4. Earn Prizes
- Visit our Prizes Page for more about the hundreds of prizes available through the 2020 All Iowa Shop Hop.
- Be sure to have your Passport stamped at each store you visit.
- All winners are selected by random drawing from qualifying passports received (postmarked by August 6, 2020.)
- Each Region features a grand prize, and we have an awesome State-Grand prize sponsored by Arrow Cabinets!
5. Share Your Creations
Did you make your collectible squares into something awesome? How did you use the 2020 exclusive All Iowa Shop Hop Fabric? What other fabrics, tools, supplies, patterns or advice did you pick up, and what did they inspire you to create?
View the photos we have received on our Gallery Page.