Never Shop Hopped Before? Or maybe you have, but want to make the most of your experience. Here are some insider tips to make your Great Sewing Adventures™ Across Iowa the best they can be.
Study Up and Plan Ahead!
- Register on our website and follow our Facebook Group to learn more about all the fun and adventures awaiting you on your Great Sewing Adventures Across Iowa, June & July 2022!
- We’ll keep you updated about our stores, our sponsors and all of the great prizes that you have the opportunity to win.
Schedule Some Time
- Choose a day or two (or six) to spend some quality time on your favorite hobby during the months of June and July. (You deserve it!)
Make it a Group Affair
- A Shop Hop is great on your own, and even better with friends!
- Call your quiltsie(s) and make it a road trip.
- Bring your significant other – we know that many of them share your same love of quilting. If they don’t, (I mean how could they not?), while you’re in the quilt shop, they can check out all the little hidden secrets of every town that you visit.
- Invite your sister, daughter, brother or son – there is nothing better than encouraging the next generation to explore our hobby! There is even a youth passport and prize category available. What a great way to encourage a budding sewing enthusiast excited to Hop along with you!
Secure Your All Iowa Shop Hop Magazine!
- Visit one of our participating stores. Maybe it’s your “home” store, or a new one you’ve never been to, but the first thing you need to do is to get your All Iowa Shop Hop Magazine to secure your exclusive All Iowa Shop Hop Passport and Map. For our out-of-town guests planning to visit the beautiful state of Iowa during the Shop Hop, many stores will be happy to accommodate the sale of a magazine online or over the phone.
- Magazines go on sale mid-April, so you’ll have plenty of time to plan ahead and get ready.
- Each person in your party will need their own Passport in order to register for prizes.
- You’ll want to use your All Iowa Shop Hop Magazine all year long. Whether you make it to all our stores during the Shop Hop or not, the magazine is a great resource the next time you find yourself meandering the country roads of Iowa and feel like checking out a local quilt shop. It also has great articles, free patterns and related sewing and quilting information.
Plan Your Route
- The All Iowa Shop Hop Magazine offers statewide and regional maps to help you plan your route.
- Check out where all of our participating stores are located and calculate the most expeditious route so you can visit as many as possible.
- You do not have to hurry; take your time to enjoy the hospitality. One great thing about the All Iowa Shop Hop is that you have TWO months to visit all our stores!
Remember, It Is a Shop Hop… So Be Sure To SHOP!
- Each of our stores has its own personality, secrets, and special items to offer. We hope that you will discover what will keep you inspired and excited about sewing and crafting.
- Don’t forget our exclusive All Iowa Shop Hop Fabric! Each year it’s different, you can’t find it anywhere else, and it’s only available during the Shop Hop. When it’s gone, it’s gone! So be sure to get it when you see it!
Receive Your Free Charm Squares
- Participating Shop Hop stores will give a 5-inch charm square to each Shop Hopper.
- Charm squares are available in a variety of colors that coordinate with the 2022 All Iowa Shop Hop Fabrics.
- Collect charm squares and work them into the projects featured in the All Iowa Shop Hop Magazine.
- Combine your charm squares with the exclusive All Iowa Shop Hop Fabric to make a one-of-a-kind project that commemorates your Great Sewing Adventures Across Iowa!
Get Your Passport Stamped Before You Leave Each Store
- At each store, take a moment to get to know the owner or staff, enjoy their hospitality, maybe do some shopping, and sign up for the local raffle.
- Before you leave, be sure to collect your passport stamp.
- Please be respectful. We understand many of you are only interested in earning prizes. Please be courteous and take a moment to just look around before you ask for your freebies.
This is Iowa! Enjoy All Parts of Your Great Sewing Adventures!
- Make your adventure about enjoying everything our Iowa communities have to offer.
- Our stores offer unbelievable hospitality, and you’ll find the same in most of the hometown establishments across the state.
- Enjoy coffee or lunch at the local diner.
- Check out an antique store, local boutique, or the hardware store.
- Find that unique, quaint restaurant or pizza parlor to grab a bite for dinner.
- Go all out and book a night in a local Bed and Breakfast. Or check out one of the Retreat Centers on the Resources page or in the magazine.
Share Your Fun!!
- Post about your Shop Hop experiences often on Facebook or our website Contact page. Share your photos. Tell us who you’ve met, what you’ve seen and who you’re sharing your adventure with!
Turn In Your Passport to WIN!
- Mail your Passport directly to the All Iowa Shop Hop office. The postmark date and mailing address can be found on your passport.
- Make sure all stamps are secure and you’ve printed legibly so we can contact you if you win!
Get Busy Sewing! Commemorate Your Trip!
- Make your charm squares into something awesome that you and your friends will remember forever.
- Use the other fabrics, tools or supplies you picked up along the way. You were inspired to CREATE!
- Use one (or all) of the free patterns in the All Iowa Shop Hop Magazine or on this website to create a one-of-a-kind project with our exclusive fabrics.
- Remember to SHARE your projects with us on our Website or Facebook!
Reset and Plan for NEXT YEAR!
Be sure to return to your favorite stores throughout the year. Use your All Iowa Shop Hop Magazine all year long and, of course, SAVE THE DATE for the next All Iowa Shop Hop – Great Sewing Adventures™ Across Iowa.