Never Shop Hopped Before? Or maybe you have, but want to make the most of your experience? Here are some insider tips to make your GREAT SEWING ADVENTURE ACROSS IOWA the best it can be:
Study Up and Plan Ahead!
- Register on our website and join our Facebook group to receive the latest Shop Hop information. You’ll be on top of all the fun and adventure awaiting you on your Great Sewing Adventure Across Iowa!
- We’ll keep you updated between now and the end of June about our stores, our sponsors and all of the great prizes awaiting you.
Schedule Some Time
- Choose a day or two (or six) to spend some quality time on your favorite hobby during the months of June and July. (You deserve it!)
Make it a Group Affair
- A Shop Hop is great on your own, and even better with friends! Call your best sewing buddies and make it a girls’ road trip.
- Bring your significant other – we know that many of them share your same love of quilting. And if they don’t, (I mean how could they not?) while you’re in the quilt shop, they can check out all the little hidden secrets of every town that you visit.
- Invite your sister or daughter – spend quality time with whomever you want to Hop with! Or encourage a new generation to explore our hobby! This year’s addition of the youth prize category is a great way to get young, budding sewing enthusiasts excited to hop along with you!
Secure Your Passport & Map in the All Iowa Shop Hop Magazine
- The first thing to do is visit a participating store to get your All Iowa Shop Hop Magazine. It contains your copy of the All Iowa Shop Hop Passport and Map.
- Magazines go on sale in late April/early May, so you’ll have plenty of time to pick it up and start planning.
- Each person in your party will need their own Passport in order to register for prizes.
- You’ll want to use your All Iowa Shop Hop Magazine all year long. Whether you make it to our stores in June or not, the Magazine is a great resource anytime you find yourself meandering the country roads of Iowa and feel like checking out a local quilt shop. It also has great articles, free patterns and related sewing and quilting information.
Plan Your Route
- Check out where our participating stores are located and calculate the most expeditious route so you can make it to as many as possible.
- You don’t have to hurry, though. One great thing about the All Iowa Shop Hop is that you have TWO ENTIRE MONTHS (June and July) to visit all our stores! Take your time to enjoy the hospitality, charm and personality each store has to offer.
- The All Iowa Shop Hop Magazine offers statewide and regional maps to help you plan your route.
- Our independent stores all determine their own hours, with many offering extended hours or days during the Shop Hop. These special hours can be found on the Regional Map pages of the Magazine.
Remember, It’s a Shop Hop… So Be Sure To SHOP!
- Shopping isn’t required on a Shop Hop, but we know you won’t be able to resist!
- Each of our stores has its own personality, secrets, and special items to offer. We hope you’ll discover what will keep you inspired and excited about sewing.
- Don’t forget our 2021 Exclusive All Iowa Shop Hop Fabric! Each year it’s different, and can be found at Shop Hop stores only during the two month event. When it’s gone, it’s gone. Be sure to get it when you see it!
Receive Your Free Collectable Quilt Squares
- Each of our stores has created a unique 4” quilt square that captures the fun and creativeness of this hobby.
- Collect them all and combine them with the exclusive All Iowa Shop Hop Fabric to make a one-of-a-kind project. These will only be available to those embarking on the Great Sewing Adventure Across Iowa!
- Complete your collection with regional and state squares!
- When you collect all the stamps from the stores in a Region (and turn your passport in), we’ll send you a free 6” on-point quilt square to commemorate your accomplishment.
- You can also purchase a commemorative 8” finished state block (choice of cream or black background). If you collect the stamps from all 86 stores, you receive a free state square!
Get Your Passport Stamped Before You Leave
- At each store, take a moment to get to know the owner or staff, enjoy their hospitality, maybe do some shopping, and sign up for the local raffle.
- Before you leave, be sure to collect your passport stamp. (see the guidelines below).
This is Iowa! Enjoy All Parts of Your Adventure!
- Our stores offer unbelievable hospitality, and you’ll find the same in most of the small-town establishments across the state.
- Enjoy coffee or lunch at the local diner.
- Check out an antique store, local boutique, or, as mentioned above, the hardware store.
- Find that unique, quaint restaurant or pizza parlor to grab a bite for dinner.
- Go all out and book a night in a local Bed and Breakfast. Or check out one of the Retreat Centers on the Resources page or in the magazine.
- Make your adventure about enjoying everything our Iowa communities have to offer.
Share Your Fun!!
- Post about your Shop Hop experiences often on Facebook or our website Contact page. Share your photos. Tell us who you’ve met and what you’ve seen!
Turn In Your Passport to WIN!
- Passports must be postmarked by August 3, 2021 and mailed directly to All Iowa Shop Hop.
- Make sure all stamps are secure and you’ve printed legibly so we can contact you if you win!
Get Busy Sewing!
- Make your collectible squares into something awesome that you and your friends will remember forever.
- Use the other fabrics, tools or supplies you picked up along the way. You were inspired to CREATE!
- Remember to SHARE your projects with us on our Website or Facebook!
- Plan your vacation for next June and July to do it all again!