Shop Hop Basics
Shop Hop Inc hosts state and regional events that promote the textile arts by bringing together sewing and quilting enthusiasts in support of local stores and communities. Each Shop Hop event features a magazine, exclusive fabrics, giveaways, patterns and prizes.
Get the Shop Hop Magazine
The All Iowa Shop Hop Magazine is your guide to all things about the event. In addition, you will find patterns, articles and resources for sewing and quilting. Your magazine will be a great reference even after the Shop Hop has ended. Use it as inspiration for a new project, or to find a quilt shop as you meander through Iowa.
- Magazines will be available about 6 weeks before the event begins at participating Shop Hop stores.
- Many stores will also sell the magazine online or over the phone and mail it to you.
- Your magazine will include an official Passport. Each person in your party will need a Passport in order to register for prizes.
- Regional and state maps are included in the magazine to help you plan your routes.
- The magazine notes special hours for participating Shop Hop stores.
Each year we have custom fabric designed exclusively for the All Iowa Shop Hop. The fabric is sold only at Shop Hop stores during the event.
- The 2024 exclusive All Iowa Shop Hop Fabrics were designed by Island Batik.
- Check with stores to find out which fabrics they will carry. Some stores allow pre-orders of fabric, but you won’t be able to pick up your purchase until after the first day of the Shop Hop.
- Our exclusive Shop Hop Fabrics often sell out, so be sure to pick some up when you see it. When it’s gone, it’s gone!
Free Sewing-Themed Note Cards
In addition to having your Passport stamped, you may pick up a free Note Card from each store you visit on your Great Sewing Adventures™ Across Iowa!
- Participating stores will give a 5″ x 4″ note card with envelope to each Shop Hopper.
- The cards feature a fun, sewing-themed message on the front, the store’s name and info on the back, and a blank inside.
- Since each Shop Hop store has a unique note card, you can collect the entire set by visiting every store!
Thanks to our generous industry and store sponsors, hundreds of prizes are available to All Iowa Shop Hop participants.
- Be sure to have your Passport stamped at each store you visit.
- All winners are selected by random drawing from qualifying Passports received (postmarked by August 5, 2024.)
- Prize levels and qualifications, as well as a list of prizes and sponsors are available on the prize page.
Share Your Creations
How did you use the exclusive All Iowa Shop Hop fabrics? What other fabrics, tools, supplies, patterns or advice did you pick up, and what did they inspire you to create?
Share your stories and creations with us!